RE: [ST] My poor 01 ST

Ronnie, sorry to hear about it.

This sounds right to me too. One other note. If you have all of the work
done by a dealer, expect an added cost for labor.

Also, my dealer obtained just a pannier, but it will be a pretty penny
($400-500). Take a very good look at the metal tab that hooks into the
pannier lock (the one that secures it to the bike). This is made of pretty
cheap metal, and can bend or break quite easily. If it is not broken, you
may be able to have just the pannier lid replaced. That can save you some
money on parts.

> I decided to eat the whole cost as I did not want
> my insurance
> rates to go up. The went up anyway so file the claim. Next
> time I will.

I didn't have to get the belly pan, but did need to get one pannier (L), one
pannier lid (R), left mirror, and windscreen. With all that and added labor
mine came to a whopping $2000. I paid my $250 deductible and got outta town.

If I had more time and less money, I certainly would have wrenched it
myself, as replacing body work is not a problem. But time is another
consideration.

Also, since your bike was not moving (as mine was), it comes under the
comprehensive coverage of your insurance. This means, it typically won't
count against good driver status. They still may raise your rates on the
bike, but it should have less of an affect any other vehicles you have
insured with this company. This is the best reason I can think of to make
the claim.

Peter Chittum - '01 BRG Sprint ST
San Jose, CA, USA