Re: [ST] Brake rotors warped?

Tony B. wrote:

>There is no pulsatioin in the lever but while nearing
>the stop I can feel the tug tug tug tug tug under
>partial braking at about 5 or 10mph.

The rotors are full floating rotors, so minor warps aren't an issue.
 sounds like pads are almost end of life....

>This started very suddenly, these brakes have had a
>pretty gentle life considering they are already over
>30K miles old and still have origional pads.

Time to replace those pads....

>It just
>seems a little odd that one day they are fine and the
>next day they are like this. Any whisdom??

sounds to me like you are very near out of pad material.  Pull your pads
and check them before you damage the rotors.

The rotors won't complain if you get hard on the brakes hard right now.
 You will likely be putting metal on metal, and the result is scored rotors.

>Thanks for any help here.

hope this helps.  I have 8500 miles on my st, and the pads have only a
little life left (don't know what this says about my riding).   I am
putting new rubber and new pads on this week.  After this weekend (AFM
races), I will be putting miles on my bike.  The weekend after next is
seattle.  The weekend after that is something else...   yeee haaa.
 sport touring....

- --chuck
02 ST