Re: Time for the color debate again?(Re: [ST] Duncan's bike...)

> But it's just not the same.  I can't come to like the color.
The black
> was so much more exciting in a "oh you sultry temptress" kind
of way.
> I miss it.
> My next motorcycle will be black again (or maybe silver).

Not to imply I'm not into sultr. . . err, scratch that. . .
don't like the sultry temptress 'look' but I want a motorcycle
that has visibility!  My Trophy was BRG, a color which seems to
absorb light---it was nearly invisible under many lighting
conditions---definately a stealth color, beautiful to look at,
difficult to see.  Black has the same problem.

That leaves red, a visible color in good lighting conditions but
one which becomes stealthy at night.  Blue has similar problems.
The recently introduced silver is a big improvement but it fades
away on overcast days.

I didn't buy my ST to look at, I bought it to ride.  A bike gets
dirty when ridden in the US Pacific Northwest.  Sure I like it
clean and I do wash it once in a while but clean or dirty, red,
black, blue, green, silver, pink or purple, it's still a joy to
ride.  And that is what counts!  Anyone fancy a nuclear red (aka
d-p pink) ST? ;o)
- -Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST <-blueish
TV and radio <off>
It's gonna rain but I'm still headed out on the bike!

Do you suppose we'd have fewer wars if the
leaders and politicians still led the troops?

End of st-digest V2002 #877