[ST] for Rich - accident key phrases

 >>> Pattern indeed.  Note the key phrases:
                   >Motorcyclist, 23, killed in wreck
                   >Police said Knott was not wearing a helmet.
                   >The truck attempted to turn left
                   >The 79-year-old driver of the truck <<<
                   >no charges or citations were issued

    Hmmm,... to my mind THE key phrase was:
            "motorcycle hit a 16-foot flatbed trailer"
which would be nearly impossible to see until the truck had almost
crossed in front of you!

    The rider's lack of a helmet, the truck driver's age (unlike the
crashes discussed earlier this week) and absence of citation have
little relevance in this particular case, although a helmet would
have reduced any head injuries suffered.  The rider's age (23) does
indicate that he may not have been riding on the street long enough
- - half-a-dozen years at most - to develop the wariness that would
have caused him to ANTICIPATE the presence of something (trailer, a
small car, motorcycle or bicyclist) behind the truck;... he might
also have been distracted.  There are 3 secrets to longevity on a
bike: concentration, concentration and concentration.  This means
keeping your eyes always moving; it's a fact that anytime your eyes
STOP moving, your mind is able to wander off to another subject but
while your eyes are actually moving your mind can only think about
what your eyes are seeing.  Try it for yourself!

    Anytime something surprises you while riding motorcycle, ask
yourself what you were thinking about at that moment.

                                  Have fun;

                                    doggydoo   - - - o&\o

End of st-digest V2002 #881