[ST] RE: Centre stand

> Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:56:16 +0100
> From: "Quirien M. Wijnberg" <qwijnberg@xxxxxxx>
> They put a centre stand on my RS, was nice, being used to it on my ST.
> Now my question is: is the ground clearance of the centre stand the
> same/more/less than on the ST? My friend said that it looked that in
> corners the stand was looking close to hitting the tarmac, he said it
> would hit earlier than the pegs.
> I always thought that the ground clearance would be the same!

Quirien,

Like I'm sure you've heard by now, the geometry of the ST and RS are
very similar (I think it's only the rake that's steeper on the RS by 0.5
deg) and the peg heights are the same (though the hero blobs on the ST
are a bit longer, and have to be ground down ~:)

If you've still go any doubts about the stand, take a look at my web
site: Technology -> General -> Hanging Off for the visual evidence. (I
keep my stand fitted for track days.)

Regards,
- --
BRG