RE: [ST] Push starting an ST

It is possible to push start  an ST/RS.  But you do have to have enough
juice in the battery (or the ability to turn the alternator fast enough long
enough) to pressurize the fuel system, operate the computer, and fire the
coils.  In other words, the line between normal starting and push starting
is pretty fine.  I don't think you're going to hurt anything trying to push
start it.  Long hill, top gear.

Dan Wallander
www.danwallander.com
Albuquerque, NM
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'74 BMW R90/6

I always thought it wasn't possible to push start an ST, something to do
with the EFI.  If the battery is completely flat, I suppose the EFI won't
work.  But if there's a bit of life in the battery, is it possible to push
start?  It could be very useful to know how it's done!