[ST] for Bryce - ST bars & GenMars on RS

 >>> if I grab a set of stock ST bars and then add genmars on top of
it, will this upset handling really adversely?  An RS with ST bars
and genmars....will it still out-handle a stock ST with genmars due
to less
steering head angle or will the steering be so upset from all the
mods?
Are there any mods or special care that needs to be taken with the
bar swap and addition of genmars to the RS or does it bolt right on?
(Interference with fairing possibly?  I know the brake line needs to
be
replaced when adding genmars to the ST, anything more needed other
than the brake cable included by genmar for the RS?) <<<

    The 2nd mod I made to my RS 3 years ago (GIVIs were 1st) was the
ST bars on top of GenMar risers.   Handling, comfort and riding
position were improved dramatically (I had forgotten how dramatically
until I rode a stock RS around Costa Rica for a week recently with my
hands asleep).  They bolt right on but you'll need to drill a little
hole for the hand controls.  If you have heated grips you can't
rotate the throttle cable housing out of the way, so you'll have to
bend the sub-frame that carries the windscreen out about 3/8"
(easy,... but do the other side the same or it'll look funny), the
screens are flexible.  The mod raises your head and shoulders high
enough so that you may want more effective wind protection; many of
us have had good luck with the Zero Gravity sport-touring screens,...
which come in many colors.

    My oldest son lives near the Calif. coast where the climate's
warm and has an RS; his brother lives at 6,000 ft. at Lake Tahoe
where it's cool most of the year and has an ST.  Being intimate with
both models,
I consider your climate to be the most important consideration
between the two bikes.  In a warm climate the ST will fry your legs
all summer (to the point where many owners remove the lowers); in a
cooler climate the RS will freeze your knees all winter.  The
modified RS IS more flickable and easier to ride fast than the ST but
the ST is a better choice if you frequently carry a passenger.  As
always, the most important aspect of handling is the rider.  Probably
only 3% of us ride to the limits of these bikes;... the rest of us
ride them to OUR limits.

    Sorry for the long post,... just hope this helps;

                                      doggydoo   - - - o&\o