[ST] MotorcycleTirePlanet bad experience

My local Triumph dealer stopped mounting tires purchased from them for free
and quoted me a price of over $200 for a new 180/55 M-1. So I went in search
of a better deal. I've only managed to get about 3000 miles out of the two
previous M-1's I've had on the back of my ST. The front seems good for about
8000 miles. I think the M-1's are fantastic, but I might try Dunlop 208's
next. Any opinions? The Motorcycle Tire Planet site I checked had the lowest
prices on Metzlers and promised 2 day shipping, including order processing,
to my location. I placed the order over the phone on Monday morning and the
sales person confirmed the tire was in stock and I should have it on
Wednesday. Within an hour I received an email confirmation they had billed
my account. Wednesday came but the tire didn't. Another call, another sales
person, a long wait while the problem was investigated and a promise from
the shipping person that the tire would be shipped late on Wednesday. I
would have it on Friday. Thursday and there was no confirmation tracking
number available on their web site so I called for the third time. Another
sales person and another long wait while the problem was investigated. This
time the explanation was that a shipment had just arrived and my tire would
be shipped that afternoon. I asked to speak with a manager but none was
available. I waited till the end of the day and called for the fourth time.
When I was finally able to speak with someone claiming to be in authority no
explanation or apology was given. And no promise of a delivery date, just
that the tire had been shipped. The fouth person to tell me that over four
days. So no new rubber on the Sprint this weekend. It's not the end of the
world, but I expect honest answers. In the future I will be willing to pay a
little more and hopefully find that.
Cheers,
Scott
'00 red Sprint ST