[ST] New subscriber - Pyramid plastics hugger !

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd drop a quick line as I haven't been on the list for over a year.
I'm in the South East of GB near Reading & have a BRG Sprint ST from new
since March 2001. Nowadays my riding is usually for pleasure so I figgured I
would upgrade the standard Triumph Hugger fitted at delivery time with a
Pyramid plastics hugger this weekend. Several mates have them fitted on a
range of Triumphs & all sorts & as they extend further down, they offer some
protection for the lower shock linkage.

The fitting instructions supplied were bad anyway ! (I will be telling them
that !) & they assume that the bike is in standard trim - so two things made
the job a real pain:-

First I have a scott chain oiler fitted so that fouled the route needed for
the bottom bracket - worth noting if you are about to fit a scott & want to
keep your options open on a hugger later !

Second the Triumph hugger comes with it's own chainguard so you are missing
the 'front' bracket if you strip it from the hugger when you want to fit
something else - in otherwords if you are about to buy a new Sprint & have
some 'upgrades' fitted, make sure you ask the dealer NOW to give you all the
old bits - two years from now it will make sense !

Quick question for anyone listening - has someone in the UK got a 'template'
for the Sprint ST headlamps, to allow me to cutout & make  tape beam
deflectors for LH drive bikes switching to RH drive roads ?

Regards

Paul