Re: [ST] Helmet cam

In your message regarding Re: [ST] Helmet cam dated Sun, 27 Apr 2003
19:31:24 +0100, Mike Bostock said that ...

<snipped>

>MB- Output in PAL (composite) format to my Sony Handycam TRV20E which
>MB- will act as a VCR and records on digital video tape.  I have a 540
>MB- minute battery for this so that should be plenty long enough ;-) I
>MB- should be able to take a line from the accessory port of my Autocomm
>MB- to the audio in so I can add commentary as well.  The regulator and
>MB- Handycam (VCR) will sit in my tank bag.

In my quest for the perfect solution and to be able to control the
start/stop functions of the VCR without having to stop, open tank bag
or "fanny pack" (US - sic) and make said operations I sought a LANC
remote control.  This site (UK) had the required solution.

http://www.keene.co.uk/system/keene.htm hit "products" and search for
product code KLR

If camcorder/VCR is in tank bag then this can be mounted with Velcro
on tank-bag or fairing, or if camcorder/VCR is in "fanny-pack" (US)
or "bum-bag" (UK) then with Velcro on left upper thigh.

Remote will start/stop/pause recording or place VCR in sleep mode
thus conserving battery life or tape usage.

The site http://www.helmetcamera.com/ is of similar interest to US
colleagues.

- --
Mike Bostock