[ST] Wrap up of valve design

To all that responded to my valve cupping discovery, thanks for your
response. I will return to my independent  shop with the flavor of response
received about the known information regarding  cupped valves. My comment to
them is there is not much support to their claim from a world wide network.
I will continue with them doing the rebuild, because it is obvious my valves
are shot. I am going to let the mechanic evaluate what to put back in the
head based on his basic design knowledge. We will purchase new valves,
measure the spring load and determine if they are right or need something
different, perform the very little valve seat clean up required and put this
thing back together. I already told my mechanic that I was not interested in
increasing the performance of my bike, I just wanted to fix what was broken
and put together a bike that will give me many more miles of excellent
service.
I am anxious to get this project completed, and get this bike on the road
for some serious riding which I haven't done since last October. It is a
good thing I have something else to ride.
I will contact TOA and ask if they are interested in looking at my valves.

Mike Benzon
Burney CA

End of st-digest V2002 #991