From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of George
Cope
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 11:56 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Fuel Sensor Going Bad?

Riding home on a nice warm 84 degree afternoon, my fuel light suddenly went
on.  I had at least another 100 miles before a fill up was needed, unless
the bike sprung a leak.  Since there was no smell of fuel present, I pressed
on.  The fuel gauge showed empty too.  Five miles later, while pulling away
from a stop light, the fuel gauge started working and soon the fuel light
turned off.  Today, the light and gauge have been intermittent again.

Has anyone had fuel sensor problems?   If so, any suggestions for a fix?

- -- George Cope
    Roseville, CA
    '99 ST Midnight

*