[ST] High Temp Grease

Hey all,

I just reached new heights in mechanical achievement this weekend, changing
out my rear brake pads. It went pretty smoothly, and more importantly, my
brakes appear to work quite well on my way to work this morning.

One question. In the instructions for assembly in the shop manual, it
mentions putting a very small amount of  "copperslip type" proprietary
grease on the pad stay pins.

Not having any and it being a sunday afternoon with nobody open, I opted for
some "high temp" grease that I borrowed from a neighbor, made for use with
car brakes. Used a very small amount, and crossed my fingers.

I understand what's going on here...if you use a grease with a melting point
that is too low, it will ooze onto the brake pads, thereby making it
difficult for the brakes to do their job. But what have other people done
out there? Should I be worried? Should I rush off to the dealers and get
this copperslip grease and tear apart my brakes and fix this?

Much appreciated.

Peter Chittum - '01 BRG Sprint ST
San Jose, CA, USA