[ST] Re: Speed Triple pissing fuel

My 2001 SP3 has developed a fuel leak.  I purchased a set of steel quick
connects last year, in case this happened with my ST- but it's my new Triple
that has the problem.  When I turn the key on, as soon as the system is
pressurized, fuel begins to drip from one of the two connects (the red one).
I disconnected it, in an effort to make the necessary repair, but I can't
figure out the clamp- it appears to be crimped on, as though it's designed
as a one- use clamp.  Can the clamp be removed somehow, and reused?  Or is
it crimped on because of the need for a very tight connection due to the
pressure of the fuel injection system?  Would this mean I can't replace it
with a standard type hose clamp? I'm trying to avoid having the bike taken
to the dealer if possible, but I'm baffled...The bike is under warranty, as
it was a leftover (only has 1K miles on it) so the repair is covered, buy if
I can do it myself, I would prefer that

Denis Liakos
South Windsor, CT