Re: [ST] Shock suggestion

Steven

Sorry, what I meant to say was that they take the preload adjuster
mechanism off the top of the shock and install it on the new shock.  All
existing adjustments and adjustment locations are retained.  this is the
only part of the old shock that is reused.  I don't know why they send the
old shock back, but it is satisfying to know that they didn't reuse any
other parts.  This is a gas filled shock.  Making adjustments to the gas
pressure is not a do-it-yourself prospect unless you have access to the
equipment, but you probably have access to a  local shop should you find it
necessary.

Hope that is clearer as I wasn't clear about it in the first place.  If you
are going to deal with Works Performance, call them directly so your
questions can be answered.  I found their web site ordering to be unwieldy,
especially since I really didn't know what I needed to order.  they were
very helpful on the phone.

Dan Wallander
www.danwallander.com
VP-TSRA, IBA, AMA, ABC, HSTA
1974 R90/6    1999 Triumph Sprint ST
Albuquerque, New Mexico

> You lost me Dan, what reservoir?  You mean they escavate somthing from
within
> the sealled single OEM unit, then send the remains back to you?  Sounds
> kinda wierd.  But 550 sounds better than $700-800 to me right now.  And I
do
> know Works Performance as a good company.  Thanks for the suggestion.
>

> >Works Performance's Ultra shock is a direct bolt on for the ST, though
you
> >send in your old shock and they reuse the reservior from it.  It is a
> >quality unit and vastly improves the feel of the bike.  It is adjustable
> >and comes with a single rate spring for your weight.  Mine was about
> >$550.00 delivered.  It is rebuildable.  Working with them was seamless
and
> >it took only a couple of weeks for the shock exchange - they send the old
> >shock back - they didn't charge my card until they sent the completed
unit
> >to me.

End of st-digest V2002 #1322