Re: [ST] Short Question

Welcome Neal, and congrats on choosing a Sprint ST!

I'm 5'7" and have the same 30" inseam you do.  I don't know how much
you'll get but you could send your stock seat to Sargent and have the foam
in the front replaced with their "Atomic Foam", and denser closed cell
foam I think it is.  This allows for thinner foam to do the same job.

Sargent also makes a replacement seat but from what I've heard it's too
wide in the nose which makes us short guys spread our legs a little wider
when reaching for the ground and that just shortens your reach.

I'm sure you'll get lots of other posts on this, there's things you can do
with the shock setup I hear, and some suggest rotating the chain adjuster
but I've not done any of this.

I do have a modified seat, but when I need maximum contact area with my
foot I just hang a cheek off the seat a little.  That and my Sidi OnRoad
boots have a thick enough sole to negate most of the reach problem.

FWIW, HIH, YMMV, SDA, yada yada yada.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail