[ST] OEM pads

I was told at my last state safety inspection that I would need rear brake pads before my next annual inspection. I asked the dealer and was told to use OEM pads because anything else would wear the rotors faster.  (Rotors=$300+.  Pads < $50).  I went ahead and ordered some because I was getting ready to do some other work and I wanted to have the pads on hand.  Lo and behold, the pads weren't anywhere near needing to be replaced.  They rear brake pads are much thinner than the fronts and LOOK to be worn, but measured against the new ones the were less than 1/3 gone, even thought the pad material was very thin.  Go by the spec (traveling now so I don't have it with me) not by appearance.  And I would go with OEM as well and avoid the expense of replacing rotors before you need to.  The OEM pads work great.
BTW, mine have 24K and DON'T need to be replaced.
David
'99ST