[ST] Top box question

Hi all,

Just got the top box installed, and noticed that there are 2 holes that
appear to be where the passenger back rest would be installed.  Nothing to
plug them up, dealer said they were surprised about the holes, but had no
advice.

I've heard that the top box isn't exactly waterproof, but this seems a bit
extreme.

Anyone else come across this?  Any advice for plugging them up?

Thanks,
  - Dave

BTW, also had the heated grips installed; it was down in the low 40's (F),
and my hands were quite comfortable with the low setting...the rest of me
was a bit chilled.