[ST] warming up to winter and a pack of lies

Hi all,

Thanks for all of the tips on the winter wear.  I will probably bite the
bullet and get the Gerbing stuff.  That makes it more economic to get
the Gerbing gloves than to get the heated grips (~130 vs ~200).  None of
the winter gear is cheap, though.  BTW, has anyone [in the US, where it
is possible] ever thought about installing the right-hand light thumb
switch from the EU spec bike, and using it to control the heated grips?
Seems like it would be a real nice way to install them.

I finally got my bike today, and I decided to read through the manual.
There's some interesting stuff in there.  In the manual it states:
- ---
(p 45) The switches prevent the electric starter from operating when the
clutch is engaged and the transmission is not in neutral.
As far as I can tell, this is false.  The starter will operate, but the
engine (on my bike) refuses to start in gear.  The starter will never
operate unless the clutch is pulled (engaged).
- ---
(p 45) The "moving off" makes no mention of the side stand interlock.
It seems to work that:  If the bike is running, and the side stand is
down and 1st gear is selected (with the clutch fully pulled), the bike
will stall immediately.  This is the opposite of every other bike I have
ridden, where the bike would be killed if you tried to move off (release
the clutch) without raising the sidestand.  To Triumphs credit, they do
mention on p37 that the side stand should be raised once you get onto
the bike.
- ---
Finally, there's the VCR factor.  The clock on my bike is off by one
hour due to daylight savings.  The manual states that I can just press
the left hand button below the clock to adjust the hours.  Pressing the
button seems to do nothing.  I have tried it with the ignition on an
off, although I have not tried it yet with the engine running.  What gives.

Comments on any or all of the above is appreciated.

Regards,
Neal