Re: [ST] Stalling at Low RPM

CO setting due to fouled injectors?  Run a tank or 2 of Redline SI-1
(Fuel System Conditioner?) before you change anything.  The tip off is
that this is new behavior.  It might be a restrictive fuel filter, but I
don't think that is likely since it runs well otherwise.  The final idea
is a sticky or failed idle speed stepper motor (IACV in cars).  Does it
fast idle when cold?  If it does that is probably O.K.

Randy Busing wrote:

> My 2000 ST suddenly started with this shameful behavior right at the
> start of a "Ride for Kids" where I was surrounded by about 1,000 of my
> closest riding buddies, most on Harleys. It acts like an electrical
> problem, but I'm not sure. At first it would stall suddenly when
> letting out the clutch from a stop, but then later it would even stall
> when coasting to a stop with the clutch in, and in gear. It idles OK
> for awhile, but will suddenly stall without warning. It runs fine at
> other rpms. I needed to use some revs to get it away from a stop
> without stalling, and even then it didn't always work.
>
> I thought about the clutch safety switch, the sidestand switch, bad
> gas, dirty injectors, a bad sensor, etc. I also disconnected the ECM
> and reconnected it to do a complete power cycle. I guess I need a shop
> manual at this point, since I haven't been able to do much
> troubleshooting without it.
>
> Sound familiar to anyone?
>
> Randy Busing
> 2000 Red ST