[ST] Track Days!

Hey all, wanted to add my info to Dan Wallander's story about a track day
our local Triumph dealer put on for everyone. PJ's Triumph of Albuquerque
did a great job of a track day last Sunday. It was my first track day and
wow did I learn a lot! Dan and I were the only ones on Sprints along with
some Speed Triples, Daytonas(hopefully my next bike) TT600's etc, along with
a bunch of Hondas and even one Harley. One thing I learned was that it is
possible to touch down the peg feelers repeatedly! I'd never even gotten
close before but after about 10 or so laps and getting familiar with the
track I began to scrape the right peg. The track has 5 right hand turns and
only two left. If you get the but cheek off the seat and keep going it just
starts to scrape. Or maybe I should go ahead and lose those pesky 10 pounds.
The whole experience was over much too soon(pretty much all day) and I can't
wait for the next opportunity. It's got me thinking about a track only bike
or dare I think it a race bike. How much fun can one have on a bike? I
couldn't get the grin off my face while on the track, being in the middle of
turn one, a 180 degree fast sweeper with three bikes in front, one to the
inside and one just behind on the outside, and thinking, this is the most
fun I've ever had on my Sprint! WAHOOOOOOOO.
    Ok I know wrap it up, so the reason for this rant is because of the
bikes. As in I thought golf was expensive but just how pricey is the race
bike addiction? Any folks gone down that road already? The feeling will
probably pass in a few weeks but what would you all suggest, TT600, Daytona
600 or Daytona 955????
    I think my wallet just burst into flames!!!
Mark Olson
01BRGST(DRGNFLY)
79Bonnie(for sale)
Albuquerque,NM Land of Enchantment