RE: Re[2]: [ST] RE: Front Wheel Removal

Hello,

At 16:34 17/11/2003, you wrote:
>While we're on the topic of wheel removal.  Does anyone have a source for
>the tire removal tools?  This way we can do the whole job ourselves.

I read an article in a UK bike mag a while ago, maybe about the middle of
last year, which said that for Z rated tyres (or tires.  Whatever) should
always be fitted and balanced professionally.  I don't know whether or not
this is true, as I love to DIY everything I can, but I have a local tyre
fitter who is a biker, and although his business is working with car tyres,
he fits them to bikes too.  He only works on loose wheels, but his cost
including balancing and fitting is less than the cost of me buying the new
tyre myself, and he does a first rate job including cleaning the gunge on
the rim from the old balance weights, and has never damaged a rim yet in
about 7 years.

So, for less than the cost of the tyre, I get the tyre and I get it
fitted.  Can't complain, and I have some recourse if things go
wrong.  Maybe you should look around and ask around for a similar service
local to yourself, rather than risking a scary incident on the bit of the
bike that does 160mph in circles, rather than in a straight line like the
rest of it?  Well, I find it scary!

Cheers,

Andrew