From: STeve Duncan [mailto:xhippy@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 10:25 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] Real <proven> benefits of triumph performance exhaust?

Well, screw me, all the way around, and back  :)))))))

I thought the powermax was a complete system, quess I was thinking of the
pipeline system that Viosca had.  My blunder.

And as for the "can" performance increase.  I either misinterpreted the
original question, and/or yous guys are misinterpreting my response.  <BFG>

I thought we were discussing dyno charts and an increase in horsepower, to
which I said there would be little if any.  I DID say that it would smooth
out the torque curve, of which several have also mentioned.  I did not, in
any way, mean to imply that the change would have no benefit, especially
with the proper mapping.  Hey to each his own, I had the sport can on my
Black-ST.  Still have the stock can on the Redhead and she runs just fine,
too.  To me, though, the cost of the triumph can vs. benefit is not a good
enough bang for the buck to justify the expense.  Now, if I find another
used can for a song (like last time) I might consider it  :)))
Or maybe a Two Bros.  Hey anyone got a used Two Bros laying around?   :))

All in good fun folks, all in good fun.  Drink a case of Shiner Blond with
me sometime, y'all.

happy trails,

steve duncan
dallas, tejas