Re: [ST] Bringing Bikes to Japan

Thanks David, Paul, & Spud, I'll let you know what I find out.  It's a 3
year job, not permanent.  Something else occurred to me too - even if I
can bring it, wonder if it's possible to get a Triumph serviced way out
where I'll be staying... this might be a more difficult problem even than
the licensing issues... then again, I'm sure having a big bike there, esp.
a Euro bike, would be a useful conversation starter too...

I also found some interesting info on, of all things, the Japan Biker FAQ,
at http://www.thejapanfaq.com/bikerfaq-toc.html.  A few years since
updating but it would appear they may convert my CA motorcycle license
into a Japanese one for up to 400...?  Hmmmm... I guess an RVF400 wouldn't
be bad either... and/or I wonder if they make some cool dual-purpose 400s
for the inseam-challenged over there (at 5'8" I bet I'd have a much easier
time with off-road or dual-purpose bikes for their domestic market than
those made for here... :-)

  -- J