RE: [ST] Seized rear bearing

Yes, there is a recall to replace the rear bearing.

See www.triumphnet.com/st/archive/digests2002/v2002.n1158
See also: http://www.massbia.com/articles/safetyalerts.htm.
See also:
http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&re
q=viewarticle&artid=28

NHTSA campaign number:               02v242000
Vehicle:                             Sprint st (2002 model year)
Affected:                            Wheels
Manufacturers involved:              Triumph motorcycles
Manufactured:                        03/01/2001 - 03/31/2002
Number of units affected:            1557
Owners notified by manufacturer on:  09/19/2002

Defect summary: On certain motorcycles, the rear wheel needle roller bearing
as fitted only to certain single sided swinging arm motorcycles can
deteriorate and seize causing the rear wheel to lock-up.

Consequence summary: This can cause a loss of control of the motorcycle.

Corrective summary:  Dealers will replace all rear wheel bearings.  Owner
notification began september 19, 2002.  Owners who take their vehicles to an
authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free
remedy within a reasonable time should contact triumph at 1-678-854-2010.

James '02 ST