[ST] Metal fuel fitting info

I thought I would just weigh in on the discussion here.

The group order might be a little complicated because the size of some of the
fittings vary by year and model. There are different fittings for a '99 ST vs
an '01 ST etc.

I needed the replacements right away so I just ordered them yesterday from Team
Triumph: (http://www.rideteamtriumph.com/sprint_st.htm.)  This is the only
dealer (or otherwise) that is selling these parts as kits...so you're sure to
get the right parts (extra o-ring included)$85.00.

I spoke with Manayunk Triumph here in Philadelphia yesterday....the oem parts
cost about the same. They can and will install metal fittings but it takes a
few days to get all the parts together etc. so I decided to just get the kit
and do it myself.

Interestingly, Todd (owner of Team Triumph) says that Triumph has asked him to
stop selling the kits. Apparently because so many people are just replacing the
fittings on their own the factory is not getting the feedback it would normally
get (including the bad parts shipped back to them) to assess the situation. It
did not sound like he was going to comply.

Ride Safe

Steve Bergman
'01 Sprint ST

End of st-digest V2002 #1274