[ST] Gas Leak

Daggumit,

I had the fuel level sending unit changed a year ago, under warranty because
of the recall.  I assume the dealer replaced it with a "good" one.  "Good"
meaning it won't develop a leak again.

I just finished riding back from lunch and I smell gas.  I check and see the
fuel dripping in the back of my engine.  It looks like it's the fuel level
sending unit again.  This time, I have no more warranty.  It's expired.

I'm not going through this every year.  Does Triumph have a different vendor
for the unit?  Or, better yet, can I do away with it all together?  Like is
there a seal & cover I can put over the hole and not install the unit?

I don't have a fuel gauge and I've never let it run down to the light coming
on, so I really have no need for the fuel level sending unit and at this
rate I'm better off without it.

Any suggestions?

Rich
- -00 RS