RE: [ST] Gas Leak

Rich,

You have a documented safety issue with your motorcycle.  It was documented
under warranty and apparently not fixed properly.  The warranty expiration
on your bike MAY not apply in this case to this specific problem.  Rick has
good advise.  Go back to the same dealer (hopefully still in business) and
explain what is happening.  Hopefully they will go to bat for you and get
this fixed without charge.

Dan Wallander
www.danwallander.com
Albuquerque, NM
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'74 BMW R90/6

Rick,
Triumph is pretty good about taking care of safety/reliability
items beyond the warranty term.  Suggest you contact your dealer
and ask him to request a 'goodwill' replacement.

Failing that, it would be pretty easy to fabricate a cover plate
for the opening.
- --
Good luck,
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST

> Daggumit,
>
> I had the fuel level sending unit changed a year ago, under
warranty because
> of the recall.  I assume the dealer replaced it with a "good"
one.  "Good"
> meaning it won't develop a leak again.
>
> I just finished riding back from lunch and I smell gas.  I
check and see the
> fuel dripping in the back of my engine.  It looks like it's the
fuel level
> sending unit again.  This time, I have no more warranty.  It's
expired.

> I'm not going through this every year.  Does Triumph have a
different vendor
> for the unit?  Or, better yet, can I do away with it all
together?  Like is