[ST] RE: fuel fitting issues

OK, I've watched this long enough.  For everyone who wants a recall on the
plastic fittings there is only one sure fire way to get that recall.  Report
the failures to:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm
There have already been a couple reports.  I know it seems like forcing
Triumphs hand, but it's better than all this clamoring on the internet for
Triumph to do something, but yet all I see is people bitching, no real
action.  If you can properly fill out report form from your own experience,
I urge you to do so.

BTW, everyone who got their connectors replaced with metal ones "on
warrenty" better hope Triumph doesn't monitor this list.  That would put
your dealer in jepordy.  Warrenty only covers genuine Triumph part
replacement.  You don't see GM cheerfully taking reports of a dealer
replacing say a water pump with an Edelbrock part, instead of a genuine GM
part.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen