RE: [ST] RE: fuel fitting issues

According to my dealer, the warranty replacement of the crappy plastic QD with the hopefully more reliable metal one was done with Triumph's approval.

So that either indemnifies them from that threat, or they are lying. Either case, not my problem.

And thanks for the suggestion to go to the NHTSA. It does make more sense than spending more time complaining to the ether about this.

Peter Chittum
'01 BRG ST
San Jose, CA, USA

> BTW, everyone who got their connectors replaced with metal ones "on
> warrenty" better hope Triumph doesn't monitor this list.
> That would put
> your dealer in jepordy.  Warrenty only covers genuine Triumph part
> replacement.  You don't see GM cheerfully taking reports of a dealer
> replacing say a water pump with an Edelbrock part, instead of
> a genuine GM
> part.
>
> Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen

End of st-digest V2002 #1276