[ST] Went to repace fuel fittings and....

So I looked carefully and dicovered that the fuel leak was coming from the
grey, 90 degree elbow that threads directly into the fuel pump plate. Can't
tighten it because it needs to be pointed in just the right direction to
connect with the fuel line. Can't remove the hose that's attached to it so I
try to gently bend it over the QD fitting next to it as I un-thread it from the
tank kinking it in the process.

No worries I ordered the metal fittings & had them sent overnight so I can have
the bike for the weekend. Tonight after work I start to install the new
fittings and only then discover that the kit does not include that particular
fitting. Doh!!  So now I have to hope I can get the part tomorrow at my local
dealer (and hope it doesn't cost another $80.00 because you have to buy the
entire hose & QD assembly as one part.

I guess the 90 fitting hasn't had a problem with breakage but they have been
known to leak from the threads

Hopefully I'll be up & running by Saturday

Steve Bergman

'01 Sprint ST