[ST] Autumn ride in the north Georgia mountains

Hey everyone,

My first real ride on the ST went as well as could be expected.  I have a
lot of breaking in to do (as does the bike).  211 miles consumed 3.98 US
gallons of gas, ~53 MPG.  I didn't make any huge mistakes, and really didn't
make many minor mistakes either.  I did almost drop her once (low-speed
turn), but managed to catch her before things went too far.  I'm sure it
will happen some day, but fortunately not today.

The tank bag worked great (it isn't powered, though).  I can't believe how
much it holds.  As the day got warmer, I kept taking layers of clothing off
and shoving them in.  With 2 liters of water and my camera with telephoto
lens, it still wasn't near full.

Whoever commented that the wind screen will deflect bugs right up into your
face was right.  Thank goodness I wear a full-face helmet; I'd rather spend
time cleaning it off than picking bug carcasses out of my teeth...

I had intended to take a lot of pictures, but unfortunately I couldn't find
much that was really good enough to be worth stopping and getting the camera
out.  In any case, at least the weather was great, and it was a good day to
get out.

For anyone who's interested, the few pictures I did take are posted at:

http://www.pbase.com/dpullen/sprint_tour

Enjoy,
  - Dave