Re: [ST] Emulators?

The problem with the stock suspension.....  simply put, it's the difference
in technology between a '80s sportbike and (most) '90s sportbikes, or in
other words, damping rod forks versus cartridge forks.  Damping rod forks
have a habit of being too soft over small bumps and way too hard over sharp
bumps.  Cartridge forks can be 'tuned' by the manufacturer to allow similar
feel between the small & sharp stuff.

The emulators are made to simulate the behavior of cartridge forks, so it's
like you lifted the front forks off a Daytona and fitted them to your
Sprint.

Before the mod, my forks were very soft when just heading down the road,
with lots of brake dive - and then when I hit railroad tracks, it felt like
they were on the bump stops.  After the mod, "control" is a much more
meaningful word.  My favorite example - downhill off camber curves on the
brakes, then you hit a pothole you didn't see ... without the mod I'd be all
twisted out of shape, but the other day this happened and the bike kept it's
line and composure.  Nice.

Racetech explains the technical differences on their website, but I can tell
you it totally transforms the front end.  The Sprint can now hang with
sportbikes, but still maintain the comfort for the interstate.  I took
forever for me to fork (ha ha) out the money, but when I finally did I was
very pleased.  I am REALLY cheap, and I would definitely recommend it.  Just
make sure you get all your stats correct with them and you'll be happy
(weight, riding style, etc.)

Mark Collett

Proverbs 3:5,6