Re: [ST] RE: Winter Gloves (UK)

Hello,

At 19:41 28/10/2003, you wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:24:16 +0100
> > From: "Auger Pascal" <pauger@xxxxxxxxx>
> > One thing: I always have my left hand colder than right. I
> > suppose it's not the heated grips but the fact I use my left
> > hand to clean my screen, gear shifting, ...
>
>Pascal,
>
>They ARE uneven!
>
>Follow
>     Technology -> Strint ST -> Heated grips
>on the site below for an explanation.

One thing to add here.  My girlfriend was looking to buy a BMW Scarver (the
F650CS, which I got a one hour test drive of a couple of months ago.  How
much fun is this wee bike??) and the dealer pointed out that the grip for
the left hand is mounted directly on the metal bar, whilst the grip for the
right hand is mounted on the plastic throttle tube.  Therefore the left
hand grip loses more heat through conduction through the bars than the
right.  He also said that when you're riding, your right hand tends to grip
slightly more tightly as it has to hold the throttle position, whilst your
left hand moves around a lot more flicking indicators, pulling in the
clutch etc., so it really does spend slightly less time in contact with the
grip.

Cheers,

Andrew

End of st-digest V2002 #1313