[ST] Shifting

Short intro: I have been riding since 1962 started on a yamaha 80. In 1967 I
bought a 66 BSA lightning, presently being restored for the 2nd time. 1979 I
bought a Harley low rider three years later 3k logged I sold it. 2002 I buy
the 2k sprint ST. My wife says where's mine! two weeks later she has a 88
BMW K75.

I have been lurking for a bit. Early this yr I bought a 2k ST.
IMO a great ride. I find that I have a intermittent problem with
getting it into 3rd gear. One time it will shift ok the next I have to
try a second time it is like I hit a dead stop but if I let pressure off
and try again all works ok. I have 14k on it now, I would think it would
be broke in by now?
On another note is there a aftermarket shift lever? I would like one
about 1" longer.

2k Sprint ST
88 BMW K75
1966 BSA Lightning