RE:[ST] for Garry - RS sticker removal

 Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:33:18 -0700
From: don draper <donnydogood@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [ST] for Garry - RS sticker removal

    If you're talking about the HUGE RS stickers on the front side
fairings - the ones that look like sprawling malignant growths - you
have a problem.  Unlike the other stickers on the bike, those are
applied UNDER the clear coat and can't be removed without taking the
clear coat with it.  I tried eveything I heard, read of, or could
think of for three years with no luck.  This Spring I finally bit the
bullet and took the tank to a paint shop to have then sanded off and
the tank repainted.    Money well spent!

On my RS the big silver and black RS decals are not under the clear coat.
The Triumph "badge" decal on the tank is, and the little RS on the front
fairing is also, but not the others. Weird.

Mark
2000 Sprint RS