Re: [ST] wear bars

>the time between "gee, there's not much tread" and "hey Bruce, you've got
>cord showing" seems to be about 1/2 day.
>
>i get about 175 miles per layer of cord.
>
>bp

Funny this comes up now, as I just noticed my -020 rear only has about 1 mm
of thread in the middle of the tire.  This after my last hi-speed blitz from
Dallas to Tulsa last week-end.  Not many curves from here to there.  Tire
looked almost new before this last run.  I'm not real anal about keeping
track of mileage, just replace'em when they wear out, but I figure this one
has about 4K on it, and maybe  1K of straight road life left.  So, I will be
replacing her a bit early, since I leave for the Western Rallye on the 17th.
  Don't have enough tire to make the trip (prolly 2500 miles all told).
Damn, I hate not getting to wear that sucker down to the cord.

duncan
dallas
baja oklahoma