[ST] heated grips & throttlemeister

Yes....and sort of no!  My '00 RS has dealer installed factory heated grips.  (As many have noticed, one grip is usually a little hotter than the other.)  I added the Throttlemeister "heavy" unit two winters ago.  When the heat comes on, the metal expands enough that it tends to essentially engage the throttlemeister, i.e., the twist grip becomes harder to turn, and will almost hold a constant position, just as if you set the throttlemsister "on."  Since I don't take long freeway rides in cold weather, when I might use the 'meister, I remove (or is it add?) a shim or two.  That way, I can use the heated grips, and the twist grip still rotates freely.  When warmer weather returns (& longer rides) I adjust the shims accordingly.
Matt
Lucy Orange RS
Portland, OR