From: Andy libby [mailto:alibby@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 8:54 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Hose Clamps, was: Fuel quick disconnect redux

Two questions on clamps:

1. Why use a crip type clamp?  Easier in the manufacture process?
 Higher quality?  Why?

2. Anyone know of good source for decent quality dorm drive clamps that
are curved up on
   the edges (so to not cut into the hose)?  I've seen them on bikes
I've bought used, but never
   seem to be able to find them.

Thanks

Andy

Jean Louis Doublet wrote:

>I initially re-used the clamp on the fuel line but it started leaking
>after 100 miles. I replaced it with a worm drive clamp and no problem.
>They're cheaper and easier to remove and re-use anyway. Jean Doublet
>"Chase Dawg" Sprint ST 99

*   *