[ST] Reliability

At 09:55 AM 9/7/03 - st-digest offered:
>How long are the Sprints holding up? Will I be looking at an
>engine/tranny/whatever rebuild right away?

Rick Damiani ran his 99 ST for I think it was 116,000 before selling it for
an 03 Speed Triple.  At this mileage it still ran fine but was using some
oil.  If its been taken care of, I doubt there should be any mileage
related problems although they seem to burn more oil as the miles pile
on.  Not smoking by any means but like 1 quart every 2-3000.  Its quiet
here and the talk turns to handlebars or some such because in reality these
thins just don't break that much.  There are some issues but nothing that
can't be fixed easily.  The worst in my opinion being the fuel line, but
its fixable.

Ken T. from Ca.

It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone
would be stupid enough to try and pass them.

95' Trident, 96' Virago 11, 99' Triumph Sprint ST, 02' Bonneville
http://www.labiker.com/members/index.php?cc63d31418542