From: Kevin T. McDonald
Subject: Re: [ST] Closing Triumph Dealers

I asked about the dealer closings with the local BMW/Triumph dealer and was
told that: 'People wait until the bikes get cheap' to buy Triumphs whereas
they usually pay near list price for BMW's. I bought my 01 ST there in 02
for $2000 off list price. I think the Triumph market generally runs at a
discount and maybe isn't very profitable compared to BMW's or perhaps the
Italian brands. I don't think the Triumphs provide the volume to compensate
for the low profit like jap bikes so maybe the dealers just say 'screw
it'...