Re: Re[2]: [ST] BT-020 question (but not really I don't believe)

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Keith Winter wrote:

> I can testify that BT-020s on my RS have seen 140mph
> indicated (in the middle of Nowhere, NV) without shaking; I
> think your analysis that it might be balance related could
> be correct, or perhaps the head bearing pre-load is not
> correctly set.

I'd think that being off balance would feel more like a thumping tire than
the bike wanting to start weaving wouldn't it?  Pure speculation on my
part I know...

While on a trip I started jacking around with suspension settings to
stiffen it up, etc.  Noticed that when at freeway speeds and approaching a
big rig that the bike wanted to start wandering and wanting to go into a
weave as I got into the truck's "wash".  Backing off on the preload a
little helped alot but I still don't think I have the suspension setup
right.  Guessing you're in that boat too from the sound of it.

Back to the archives to find the stock settings and any recommendations
for 220+lb rider...

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail