RE: [ST] BT 020's and a Little Dragon Blog

Good points.  I spun the wheels holding a piece of wood firmly in place to
scruff the tire to identify any out of roundness.  There was very little out
of roundness on both tires, approx 1/32 to 1/16 inch.  These are eyeball
measurements, and I have no idea whether this is within expected tolerance.
I understand this is not what you'd consider "good data," but it's all I can
do right now.

With respect to riding style on the Dragon, I posted a note to the KRATs and
then discussed this with several KRAT riders, one of them being a racer.

Let me preface by noting that I have yet to do a track day (desire is there,
just not everything else).  I don't have the experience some of you have who
know what it's like to allow yourself to push the bike and yourself close to
its limits.  I've since backed off a good bit in the twisties, but not
enough such that I haven't still made some mistakes on the Dragon.

I've tried the Dragon several ways:

 1. Almost entirely in 1st just like you, Steve.
 2. Almost all 2nd, downshifting only when necessary.
 3. Simply going as fast as possible and braking as late as possible.

I was going to do my thoughts on pros and cons on each but have run out of
time.

Gotta go,
James '02 ST