[ST] rear brake travel

Hey y'alls, after servicing my rear brake caliper to remove a stripped
retaining pin (already damaged soft metal over-torqued by a shop) I find
the feel of the rear kind of "mushy", and it feels to me like there is
more travel in the pedal than ever before.

I' ve flushed and bled the line so I don't think it's air.  There are
brakes there, can lock it but seems like the pedal travels 1.5" to 2" or
so, so I'm looking to compare how far others travel.

The set of rear pads before these got chewed through real quick like less
than 5k to do it.  It was the shop that said I needed to replace them so
it kind of surprised me.  But I can't help but wonder if the pots were
dirty and not retracting correctly if that made for the stiff feel I got
to know and love, but at the expense of chewing up the pads
hyper-quick.

If that's the case, what I feel now must be normal and I gotta get used to
it but could use the collective's input on determining that.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe as always,

PS. any one going to SE-STAR in Dillard, GA this weekend?
- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail