Re: [ST] Trip Summary - Deadwood

>Didja go to Deadwood?
>
>Tony Burke
>00 ST

I'm pretty sure I did.  On Mon I came through NE on 2 east to 250 north to
20 east to 385 north into Hot Springs SD where I got a hotel room.  The next
day I went up through Wind Cave Nat'l Park on 385 to see Crazy Horse and
Rushmore.  Then I continued on 385 to 90 so I guess, from looking at the
map, that took me right through Deadwood.    Then  I hit 90 into WY where I
picked up 14 at Sundance then 24 to Devil's Tower then back the same way to
Sundance.  Then I took 585 down to 16 then back to 385 back through the park
and back to Hot Springs.

Ok, since you used to live there, maybe you can tell me the answer to this:

A guy followed me out of Wind Cave park and back to the hotel in Hot Springs
after I passed him in the park.  I topped out in some places at 90mph and in
general I would have to say I rarely was under the posted 45mph limit
(couldn't help it, I was leaving the next day and was taking full advantage
of the roads).  Anyway, the guy implied that he could have me arrested
because either A.  He was a park ranger (but didn't show me anything proving
it and I didn't ask) OR B.  He would call a park ranger and have that guy
come get me.  The guy who followed me did so in a Lincoln Town Car and, if
he was a ranger himself, did not appear to be so in any way shape or form.

My question is, if the guy was a park ranger, since we were already out of
the park, could he have had me arrested and/or ticketed for speeding in the
park?  It seems to me that if he was a ranger he would have shown me
something to prove it but I didn't want to press my luck.

If he wasn't a ranger, could he have called a ranger to have me arrested
and/or ticketed based on his word?    It seems to me here that if he wasn't
a ranger, then there doesn't seem to be solid ground to have someone
arrested on somebody else's word (except for citizen's arrest I guess, but I
don't know if you can issue a citizen's arrest for speeding)?

Chris