Re: [ST] Ethanol

> There is some debate out here about Ethanol.  The government wants to make
> mandatory 10% Ethanol/Petrol mix.  There are as many experts popping up as
there
> opinions on the subject.  Some vehicle manufacturers are saying it's okay,
others
> are saying it corrodes fuel lines and melts fiberglass tanks etc.  I hear
you
> guys have had ethanol over there for some time, has anyone any real life
experience
> on whether it is harmful to motors, in particular my beloved Sprint?

Here in California we have recently switched from MTBE to Ethanol for
cleaner air quality.  I don't notice any change in engine performance,
except when they change from winter to summer formulas.  And I think we
would have heard about melted fiberglass tanks from the off-road riders.

George Cope
Roseville, CA
'99 ST Midnight