[ST] steering head bearings

my steering felt a little 'grabby' once this spring; last time i got
tires, i had them check - it's a lumpy bearing. fortunately, even at
18,000 miles ['01], the warranty is good until November. bearings are on
order.

i plan to have it in for a thorough inspection just before the warranty
runs out.

i was curious about which bearing type it was - ball or taper - and they
told me taper is standard. unless it's undersized by a lot, it should be
almost a 'forever' item.

if Triumph won't give you the break, see what you can get from an
industrial bearing house. typically a manufacturer will select a standard
size, and it should be much cheaper as a generic [and you might even be
able to get a premium version].

bp