Re: [ST] Anyone use Autocom?

My partner and I bought a set of Collett communicators in Mid-May '01,
they've performed for about 40,000 miles.  We've had only a couple
problems with them, but only because we ride in the rain (live in the
Pacific NW) and in really heavy rain, they do leak a bit.  The first
time it happened, we sent them in and the company fixed the problem, no
charge. The second time, we were heading out of town on a trip, so the
1st night out, we borrowed a hair dryer from the motel guy, etc.
They are pretty clear up to a mile or so, as long as you're in sight.
And the batteries are good for all day.  This weekend, we left home at
7:30am Saturday and rolled into Port Angeles, WA at 4:30pm, my radio was
just beginning to chirp from low battery.  Questions? Let me know.

Beckie in Corvallis OR
'01 Sprint ST, brg
just over 31,100