Re: [ST] Home again, home again/Barbers

At 11:07 AM 9/22/2003 -0500, Cole-sheen wrote:
>, the routes were
>fun, and no one crashed.

That's great news. I've been waiting for that.
Hopefully I can make it to the Western Rallye next year.
Thank you Wallender's for your hard work putting the thing on.

I enjoyed Barbers except for Sunday's SBK winner.
Weather was great Sat. & some rain Sun.
Attendance was higher than expected.
Many, many people rode there, too. Easily a couple thousand bikes I'd say.
Though that is really hard to gauge but I'm telling ya there were a hellava
lot of bikes there.
To top off the fine facility the TRACK FOOD was tops - best I've had in 20
years of going to Road Atalnta, VIR, Talladega GP, Memphis, Laguna Seca
(1x), Daytona. Local BBQ (Jim & NIcks) not that sloppy sauce-in-meat junk
but chunky, pulled pork bbq sandwiches & plates. Mmmm wish I had another
one now!
Also enjoyed the company of some old TSRA members staying with us. We broke
out the YZ & two stroke streetbike to terrorize our corner of Alabama for a
bit. Until the Sheriff visited us but he's my neighbor & a nice guy. My
company said, "I'm from Texas I didn't know you couldn't do that around
here!"  Ha ha.

Interesting Barbers note- The 250's were fastest. Rich Oliver was doing
consistent 1:29's; Superbikes 1:31's. Both those numbers could be wrong but
it was something like that. And you could tell the quarter litre boys were
running it in deeper at the end of the back straight than was everyone
else. Sorry to see that series go. Why would you.. nevermind.

New Trumpets - I called my dealer to 'get a price on' an '04 Daytona 955i
SE Black w/black frame & tinted screen. They haven't got back w/me yet.
Doubt I'll order one but who knows! I can afford one if it is like the
Triumph Vented Jacket I ordered in July - hasn't cost me a penny - because
it won't come in.

Apex Dawg