[ST] introduction

Howdy,

Just joined the list again (I lurked for several months a long time ago).
After several years of being
bikeless (marriage, crash, no cash, baby) I finally have a new mount.  I am
overjoyed with my new-to-me
2000 Sprint St in black.  She doesn't have a name yet, but she is infinitely
easier to get along with than
my wife.  I have commuted on the bike everyday for the last four months and
I think it
actually helps motivate me to go to work.  The heated grips make the 5 am
temps more tolerable, and
I think are one thing that really sold me on the bike.  I was originally
looking for a speed triple, but the
dealer (I-90 motorsports in wa state) didn't have a used one in stock.

Though the weather in seattle has been delightful, the usual 9 months of
rain are due to begin any day
(hour) now and I am in dire need of something other than my trusty vanson
leathers to make the
commute more tolerable. Unfortunately the searchable archive doesn't appear
to be functioning at the moment, so i would like to ask the list about all
weather riding gear.  Jackets/Pants and gloves.

I would love an aerostich 2 piece, but the price is a bit out of my league.
Thoughts on other brands would be appreciated.

TIA

Ferg